Humanscale is the premier designer and manufacturer of ergonomic products that improve health and comfort at work. Our award-winning office products –seating, sit/stand desks, technology support and lighting – have led the industry in performance and simplicity for over 30 years.
The CMO leads all corporate marketing functions including branding, communications and product management globally. Responsibilities include media and industry relations, advertising, interactive online programs, communications as well as market and customer research. Advertising responsibilities include overseeing trade shows, events, printed promotions and electronic promotions such as web sites and social media. The CMO is both a thought leader and a tactical implementer.
- Managing the following functions: Marketing, Branding, Product Management, and Digital Media
- Oversee public relations and corporate communications to ensure a brand-consistent message
- Build market alliances with other organizations and companies that have similar views on topics from sustainability to design, to leverage our reach and build our brand
- Develop strategic marketing plans to build global awareness of our brand and values
- Build strategies to grow online presence and sales globally
- Oversee product management team to generate new innovative product ideas, launch new products and manage product lifecycle
- Oversee marketing functions in Hong Kong and London to develop regionally appropriate messaging
- 15 or more years of experience in Marketing/Branding
- Thorough knowledge of marketing principles, product or service management, sales and business development, along with a demonstrated track record of success and performance.
- This senior leadership position requires the ability to understand changing market dynamics and translating them into actionable strategy to achieve objectives.
- Industry experience or experience in design related field is preferred.
- Works with all corporate functions; Product Development, Sustainability, Sales, and Training to insure collaborative approach to brand building and messaging.
- A CMO is an excellent change agent, using a style of management that mentors/coaches staff to inspire their best performance.
- He/She should also be able to build a personal rapport with all stakeholders, including the team of chief officers, personnel and suppliers
- The qualified candidate should also have superior strategic planning and organizational skills with a hands-on execution style; and is able to align and integrate the department's goals with the other chief officers' goals so that partnership drives growth.- - Experience driving sales through digital media
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong interest in all aspects of design from concept to product
Humanscale is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/Disabled/Veteran)